Sculptural Robotics and Other
· E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected exhibitions of artificial anatomies, aesthetic technologies, gizmos, etc.:
· Collision XV at Axiom Gallery, Jamaica Plain, MA
· Selections 2010 at the Bakalar and Paine Galleries, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Boston, MA
· Techniche 2009 at The Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, Assam, India
· Kshitij 2009 at The Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India.
· The Art of Science at the Scollay Square Gallery, 3rd floor, Boston City Hall, One City Hall Plaza, Boston, MA 02201. Showing from September 26-November 4, 2005. Curated by John Crowley.
· The Ballad of Wires and Hands at The New Art Center, 61 Washington Park, Newtonville, MA 02460-1915. On exhibition from April 25-May 23, 2003. Opening Friday, May 2, 6-8pm. Curated by Dana Moser.
· hypercollision at the MIT Museum, 265 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA. On exhibition from N ovember 1-3, 2002, Opening Friday, Nov. 1, 5-8pm. Curated by Jackbackrack.
· Electroland at Oni Gallery, 684 Washington Street, Boston, MA. On exhibition from November 30-December 22, 2001. Opening Friday, Nov. 30, 7-10pm. Curated by Dana Moser.· Boston Art Windows, a joint project of Mayor Thomas M. Menino, the City of Boston, the Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA), and the Collision Collective. Curated by Jackbackrack.
· nominee for the 2010 World Technology Award for Arts
· Robot Magazine Engadget Gizmodo Robot Living Green Diary Hackaday Impact Lab Wired Gadget Lab Geekie Gadgets Neatorama Nerdiest Kids BotropolisUbergizmo Robot News WeekMicrosiervos Radiocool.lt Robot Sky TecnocinoMake Blog Servo Magazine (Dec. '03), Wellesley College Newspaper, Art Daily, Costruisci e programma il tuo robot
-a kind exerpt from Cate McQuaid's Boston Globe article, "Taming technology's overload with artful systems"
Center, which has its opening tonight, and it's
got plenty of
some actual) bells and whistles. It's fun, but is
it more than magic?
which he explores the struggle of the man destined
Greek gods to spend his life pushing a stone up a
hill, only to watch
down again. Roe turns Sisyphus into an electronic
moth, in one piece
hopelessly against the inside of a glass dome. In
another, tied by the